This project is read-only.

Location of .bak file on server?

Dec 28, 2010 at 5:33 PM

Hi All, I work in the federal sector where this grants manager can really excel and show off some of its features.  I am having a bit of an issue running through the deployment guide.  Initially, I couldn't get the .bak to import, so I decided I would just import the customizations and then build the plugins myself.  That failed, as I am more of a configurer than a code implementation guy.  So, I go back to the original plan.

I have extracted the .bak file (339 MB).  

I run Deployment Manager, and clikck Import Org...

I select my SQL Server, and then tab to the next field where I get this error:

The Import Organization Wizard cannot connect to the SQL Server or cannot find an organization databse on <SQLSRVNAME>.  Verify that the server name in the SQL Server box is correct and that the computer is running MS SQL Server where an organization databse is stored.

I have the roll up 10 installed.  I am running Win Server 2k3, SQL Server 2008.  

If there is anything else you need from me, please let me know, as I'd love to have this issue resolved.  Thanks!

Jan 3, 2011 at 3:23 PM

Just wanted to clear up my question, as I have solved the issue... I must have not been paying great attention to the instructions, as they tells you to unarchive the .bak file, and then restore it into a new database within CRM.  The instructions aren't incredibly clear though.  If anyone else is a newbie like me, here is a little better breakdown of the instructions.

Open SQL Management Studio

Connect to your SQL Server instance that will host your GrantsManager DB

Right Click on "Databases"

Click Restore Database...

In the "To Database:" field, type in the name of the Database you want to restore to (GrantsManager_MSCRM is a good choice)

Click the "From Device" radio button

Click the ... next to the from device text box

Browse to your .bak (unarchived from the RAR)

Click OK, and then continue to follow the steps.

I hope this helps anyone who may have hit the same snag as me.  

Brian